Along with screenshots.
Recently Emily Rogers posted some details on a new Fire Emblem game on the Famiboards forum:
- Upcoming Fire Emblem is a new game, not a remake. Brand new story.
- Collaboration between Intelligent Systems, Koei Tecmo and Gust (division of Koei Tecmo Holdings).
- Gust heavily assisted with the visuals / graphics. Graphics are an improvement over “Three Houses”.
- Originally intended as an anniversary game to celebrate FE’s 30th anniversary. The game has been finished for over a year.
- Main character (main lord) has strange red and blue hair. His mother is a dragon.
- New “Emblems” gimmick allows players to summon “FE characters from the past” for your squad.
And now we have some new information from Reddit user miasmadelta who posted the following, along with several screenshots:
“I can confirm that this is a brand new FE game, and it has been completed for quite some time now. I’m not sure what the delay has been in announcing it. Interestingly, some aspects of it seem to be reused from the canceled Wii FE game. Additionally, the rumors of an FE4 remake are real as well. Gust has helped a lot with this development – if you aren’t familiar with their work, you should take a look at the Atelier games on the Switch. There are many new characters in this game, and I believe people are overreacting a bit about the summoning with thinking of this as a full-blown FEH-style game. Other people with insider information have been mentioning the blue and red haired protagonist for awhile now and waiting for the Direct reveal, I’ve just decided to finally show a bit.
I can’t do a full AMA or anything, but I wanted to share a bit since there were so many doubts about yesterday’s leak! Now for the fun part, take a look at some of the new characters.”miasmadelta
We’re still waiting for the official confirmation, though we may see it in the rumoured upcoming Nintendo Direct.