How’s this for a treat?
Super Rare Games announced their partnership with Lateralis with a release of their pawsome monochrome action-adventure game Dogworld, available in physical form for the first time on the Nintendo Switch™.
Only 3,000 copies total will ever be printed, which go on sale October 28th at 6pm BST (10am PT/1pm ET) – available worldwide exclusively at superraregames.com.
In typical Super Rare Games tradition, this rare print physical release includes all the current content on its cart, a full-colour manual, interior artwork, an exclusive sticker, and trading cards. Fans won’t have long to wait, as Super Rare Games titles ship soon after going on sale.
Shoot, jump, and slide your way through a ruined, mysterious, dog-filled world as you fight to save humanity from the clutches of a rogue AI named Daddy. Part action-platformer, part 2D Metroidvania/shooter, Dogworld is a satisfying retro romp well that you’ll want to pet again and again.
- It’s a dog-tastrophe! – After a catastrophic event on Earth, humanity is directed underground for their safety. You’re told that the surface is dangerous and uninhabitable, but when you’re launched from the underground in a freak accident, you realize that the world is teeming with life, except… they all seem to be dogs. And some of them talk
- Explore a world of dogs – Acquire new weapons, upgrade them to be more powerful, meet bizarre characters, and explore the ruins of a destroyed world
- Teach an old dog new tricks – Slide to dodge enemies and projectiles, traverse difficult platforming and combat challenges, uncover secrets and abilities, and even face off against a multitude of powerful bosses
- Distinctive visuals – A stark 1-bit pixel art style comprising of just white, black, and red colours make for a very unique visual style that harkens back to the old-school days of platforming goodness
- Pet the dogs – Yes, you can pet the dogs. But only the really good boys