The current Pokémon TCG Online app will be shutting down.
The Pokémon Company has announced a new Pokémon Trading Card Game Live app, which will be available for Android, iOS, Windows and Mac “soon”. This new app will be replacing the current Pokémon TCG Online app.
We’re always working to innovate the Pokémon TCG and provide the best possible experience for fans who want more ways to play outside of the tabletop version of the game. As the Pokémon TCG Online launched over 10 years ago, Pokémon TCG Live not only provides an opportunity to update the game and underlying technology, but engage more fans by offering an easily accessible app on smartphones, tablets, PCs, and Macs. Pokémon TCG Live also comes with a suite of improvements, including a new card logic engine that provides more player feedback around gameplay events, as well as a Ranked Ladder, Battle Pass, duplicate card protection with Credits, 3D avatars, updated visual effects, and more fluid gameplay.
Shortly prior to the launch of Pokémon TCG Live the servers of Pokémon TCG Online will be shut down and the app will be removed from the app stores and from the Pokemon. com website.
Further information on how to transfer your account between the games is to follow. Though, not everything will be able to make the transfer.
- Cards: Pokémon TCG cards from the Sword & Shield Series, as well as select Sun & Moon Series expansions (from Sun & Moon—Lost Thunder through Sun & Moon—Cosmic Eclipse) are transferrable and playable in Pokémon TCG Live at launch. Cards from other Sun & Moon Series expansions—from Sun & Moon through Dragon Majesty—as well as the XY Series and the Black & White Series are transferrable at launch but will not be playable until future Pokémon TCG Live game updates. Players will be able to transfer up to four copies of a unique Pokémon TCG card, one copy of an ACE SPEC or Prism Star card, one copy of each part of a Pokémon V-UNION card, and 59 copies of a basic Energy card. Additional copies beyond these limits will not be transferred.
- Accessories: Many coins, card sleeves, and deck boxes are transferrable, with a maximum of one copy per item. Additional copies of coins, card sleeves, and deck boxes will not be transferred.
- Pokémon TCG cards from the HeartGold & SoulSilver Series
- Avatar items
- Unopened products and bundles
- Certain coins, card sleeves, and deck boxes
- In-game currency
- Friends list
- Saved deck lists (While deck lists do not automatically transfer, players can export the text of their deck lists and save it locally, and then copy that text into the Deck Editor in Pokémon TCG Live; however, please note that this process must be completed before players begin migrating from the Pokémon TCG Online to Pokémon TCG Live.)
While unopened products and bundles are not transferrable, players will receive a number of Crystals in Pokémon TCG Live that is proportionate to the number of their unopened items. Crystals can be redeemed for booster packs, promo cards, and special bundles in the Pokémon TCG Live in-game shop.
- 1 to 9 unopened items in the Pokémon TCG Online = 250 Crystals awarded in Pokémon TCG Live
- 10 to 24 unopened items = 550 Crystals
- 25 to 49 unopened items = 1,125 Crystals
- 50 to 124 unopened items = 2,350 Crystals
- 125+ unopened items = 6,200 Crystals
During the mobile and PC/Mac testing period, players who do not want to have their unopened products and bundles converted to Crystals should open those items in the Pokémon TCG Online before logging in to Pokémon TCG Live for the first time.