German publisher Assemble Entertainment and developer SmokeStab Studio announced the Early Access launch of their highly-anticipated award-winning rogue-lite shooter Orbital Bullet. Now available on Windows PC via Steam, Orbital Bullet introduces a genre-bending 360° rotating level design, providing a whirling and swirling high-octane guns-blazing action-platforming experience where you’ll need to play a deadly game of “ring-around-the-rosie” in order to outsmart enemies and dodge all manner of propelled perils.
“Orbital Bullet is a title that screams ‘instant classic,’ and we’re thrilled to have such a unique and refreshing addition to the beloved genre in our quickly expanding roster,” said Assemble Entertainment CEO Stefan Marcinek. “The game brings something long-desired to the table in the form of fast-paced action and eccentric gameplay paired with distinctive level design and classic rogue-like merit.”
Orbital Bullet is included in Assemble Entertainment’s massive (and exclusive) publisher sale on Steam, where almost the entire portfolio of indie titles are available for up to 90% off for a limited time.
To celebrate the Early Access release, Assemble Entertainment has unveiled a brand new launch trailer, depicting one of Orbital Bullet’s not-yet-seen level biomes: the Water Planet. In addition to the lush and flourishing Jungle and Cave biomes, the Water Planet introduces new bosses, tricky puzzles, and environmental perplexities.
Orbital Bullet is a multi-award-winning action-platformer that takes the tried-and-true, highly addictive rogue-lite formula and adds a unique twist with a 360° rotating level design. Players can expect fluid, fast-paced gameplay featuring procedurally generated enemies and level elements, with “instant-transmission” upon completion of a stage — keeping the rhythm going and the action flowing! Of course, it wouldn’t be a rogue-lite without a deep skill tree, game-changing body modifications, upgrades, and of course, a diverse range of heavy weaponry with which to dispatch the hordes of enemies keeping you from reaching the next level!
Key Features of Orbital Bullet:
- Nothing ‘Rosie’ About This Ring: A unique 2.5D ring-shaped world offers a one-of-a-kind setting fresh for the genre with a rotating 360° level design. Make the most satisfying long-range curved snipes you’ve ever made, or blast and shred enemies with a load from the Hyper Shotgun
- Bullets and Body Mods: It wouldn’t be a rogue-like without all sorts of nifty upgrades, mods, skill trees, and heavy weapons to keep your sci-fi fustigator strapped and ready for action — enhance your character’s vigor by unlocking permanent upgrades such as the Combo System, the Medi-Backpack, or a stronger starting weapon.
- Stay Classy: Four meticulously crafted classes can be unlocked by solving challenging puzzles and include epic abilities per class, such as the turret-wielding Engineer or the fire-fueled Hellion.
- Intense Arcade Action: A game that defines “one more run”, Orbital Bullet throws players into the fray with fierce, frenetic action. Jump, dodge, and shoot your way through hordes of enemies as you wind your way around several beautiful and unique biomes.
- No Time to Relax: Instant level transitions upon completion of a stage keep the mayhem flowing and your trigger finger dialed; no more interrupting the rhythm with cutscenes or hub worlds!
The promising and already highly acclaimed action-platformer has already won several awards, including “Best Concept with Prototype” at GermanDevDays 2019, and the second-place prize in the “Prototype Young Talent Award” category at Deutscher Entwicklerpreis 2019. The Heidelberg-based studio SmokeStab also had Orbital Bullet nominated for the highly industry-relevant IGF Awards as “Best Student Game” at GDC 2020.
Throughout Early Access, developer SmokeStab Studio invites casual players, fans, and all members of the community to join the official Discord to share feedback, gameplay recommendations, content suggestions for new weapons, challenges, bosses, planets, enemies, and more during the pre-launch phase.
Developed by SmokeStab Studio and published by Assemble Entertainment, Orbital Bullet is an Early Access title currently available on Steam for £10.29 / €12.99 . On theme with the game’s diverse biome-based environments, Assemble Entertainment has teamed up with Ocean Cleanup — a non-profit foundation leading the world’s largest coordinated ocean cleanup effort — to offer a special Save The World Edition on Steam for £18.99 /€ 22.00 , which includes the official game soundtrack and a 10% donation to the cause. Learn more at https://www.orbitalbullet.com.