On the 2nd of November 2020 Capcom was hit by a customised ransomware attack following unauthorised access to its network. Capcom didn’t pay and now the hackers are releasing a ton of information on 4chan.
- Resident Evil Village details (Current-gen release, April launch, Demo before release)
- New multiplayer Resident Evil referred to internally as Project Highway/Village Online. It’s a Battle Royale of some sort.
- New Ace Attorney collection for PS4 and Switch (AA1-3 and DGS1-2)
- New project codenamed “GUILLOTINE” for Switch in February, other platforms in May
- Unannounced project “Reiwa” in May, no platforms mentioned
- Monster Hunter Rise on PC releasing October 2021(?). Demos for Switch in January and March
- Monster Hunter Stories 2 on PC. Targeting June 2021 Switch/PC release. Single-player, online co-op and PvP modes. Paid DLC expansions, free post-launch co-op quests, cosmetic MTX, and amiibo support planned.
- Resident Evil 4 for Oculus VR
- New Shooter Multiplayer game titled “SHIELD” geared towards streamers
- Source Code for DMC2 and Umbrella Chronicles
- Stadia paid Capcom $10 million USD to put RE7 and RE8 on the platform. Sony paid $5 million USD for RE7 VR/timed DLC/demo exclusivity.